The Good Schools Resource Center—Detroit (GSRC-D) offers high-quality support to Detroit schools by helping educators explore, support, and implement research-based strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning. Our work is concentrated in the six neighborhoods that have been identified by the Detroit-based Skillman Foundation as immediate areas of focus for supporting the city’s children.
The work of the GSRC-D is concentrated into three pillar areas:
(i) Math and Literacy Instruction,
(ii) Student Voice & Personalization, and
(iii) Quality Community Supports in Good Neighborhoods.
Six Focus Areas
- Content Area Coaching—Develop coaches who can support effective instruction in all Champion schools.
- Leadership Development—Support school leaders as they develop strong school programs.
- Professional Networks and Events—Educators at all levels can come together to share what works.
- Curriculum Improvement Systems—Content matters. We help schools make sure theirs are aligned and effective.
- School and Community Culture Interventions—Ensure that students get the life skills they need in and out of the classroom.
- Data Tools, Analysis, and Surveys—Support effective data use to improve